Spring break will be here before you know it and summer is right around the corner. If your plans include travel and Fido isn’t invited, here are a few things to consider when deciding where and who will care for your four-legged family member while you’re away.
- Is your pooch up to date on vaccinations? Are vaccinations required for other animals that will be boarded in the same facility?
- Can you take a tour? Visiting the facility and meeting staff members who will be caring for your dog can help you determine if it’s the right fit, and give you peace of mind while you are away.
- Are the staff and facility certified? If your dog is injured, you’ll want to know who will provide treatment and if your pet will need to be transported to another location to get care.
- What will my dog do all day? Some places keep dogs kenneled most of the day while others provide an open area for dogs to play and socialize with other pet guests.
- Where will my dog sleep? Just like time spent during the day, some facilities require pets each sleep in a separated area and others offer a slumber party environment.
- Can I bring my own dog food and request a specific feeding schedule?
Whether you use these as a starting point or have your own questions, the most important thing is that you feel comfortable knowing you’ll return to a pet that is tired but happy.
Knowing how important your furry friends are, California Casualty offers pet health insurance from Pets Best, rated in the top tier of pet insurance companies. You can get up to 90 percent reimbursement for X-rays, lab tests, surgeries, even cancer treatment with a Pets Best policy from California Casualty. Best yet, you’ll save five percent (in most states) if you purchase through California Casualty.
We only get limited time with our pets, why not make sure you get the most of that time, contact our Agency Services team at 1.877.652.2638 or email email@example.com.
If your pet travels with you, don’t forget California Casualty automatically includes free Pet Injury Coverage as part of your auto insurance policy. Get a free coverage comparison today and discover why educators, firefighters, police officers and nurses trust California Casualty for their auto and home or renters insurance needs. www.calcas.com