When you signed up with California Casualty, you joined a well-respected, 105-year-old, family-owned insurance company. It’s easy, after the excitement of making a change, to forget some of the reasons you chose California Casualty. Not only did you qualify for special group pricing, you also received valuable benefits that came with your auto and home insurance. They include:
- Rates good for a full year, not six months like many insurers offer
- Auto insurance that covers $500 for non-electronic items taken from your vehicle
- $0 deductible for accidents in a rental car
- Broad policy protection for anyone you allow to drive your vehicle
- Free ID defense
- Free pet injury coverage up to $1,000
- Holiday or summer skip payment options
- Exceptional towing and roadside assistance availability
However, we can help you in many other ways. Our advisors can also line you up with flood insurance and, in certain states, earthquake insurance. If you have a boat, classic car, RV, motorcycle or snowmobile, California Casualty can get you the insurance you need. We even offer pet health insurance that can save you thousands of dollars if something happens to your furry friend.
If you need flood and earthquake insurance, or coverage for your pet, boat, collectable car, motorcycle or summer and winter recreation vehicles, contact our Agency Services team at 1.877.652.2638 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please share your California Casualty experience with your colleagues and family members; we’d love to offer them the same quality insurance with the benefits that you are enjoying, visit www.calcas.com.
It doesn’t take a natural disaster or tragedy to learn that you might be underinsured. An example comes from the holidays. The warmth of the season can turn into an economic nightmare if someone slips and falls at your home or apartment, your dog bites a guest, or someone gets food poisoning. Without enough liability protection, you could be in real financial danger.
Just do a search of personal liability lawsuits and settlements. You might be shocked by the results and the number of law firms filing such cases. You may think that a guest wouldn’t sue you for damages, but it does happen, especially if the injury is serious.
You’ve worked hard for the things you own; you don’t want to put them at risk.
Financial experts advise that as long as you can earn a livelihood, you should have as much liability insurance as you can afford. Most home insurance policies come with $100,000 liability coverage, but boosting your limits to $300,000 or $500,000 offers greater protection at a reasonable cost.
If you have a lot of assets or other exposures for a possible civil suit, you should consider an umbrella policy, which provides $1 million to $5 million coverage.
While you’re at it, what liability limits do you have with your auto insurance? You may be severely underinsured if you opted for the minimum liability limits required by your state. Just like home insurance, you should purchase as much liability coverage as possible, especially if you have a younger, inexperienced driver.
Accidents happen every day, but California Casualty can help you be prepared.
TAKEAWAY: If you don’t know what your liability limits are, or you’d like increase your coverage, Contact California Casualty’ Customer Service at 1.800.800.9410 option 3, or at email@example.com.
It’s something we all hope never happens to us: a sewer backup or sump pump failure. When it comes to sewers, what goes down shouldn’t come back up. In fact, any home with a toilet and a sink is susceptible to this type of event.
Damage from a sewer backup or sump pump failure is not covered under your homeowners insurance. Without the endorsement, you’ll be paying for the damage yourself.
Here are five reasons to have water backup/sump pump overflow coverage:
- It can happen at any time to any home
- Just a couple inches of brackish water can cause thousands of dollars in damage – ruining carpets, destroying appliances and crumbling dry wall
- It helps speed up the necessary clean-up, preventing mold and further damage
- It’s not covered under flood insurance
- It’s relatively inexpensive
If you live in an older home, one that has a basement and/or a sump pump, and there have been problems of backed up sewers in your neighborhood, you should definitely consider adding water backup and sump discharge or overflow coverage to your homeowners insurance policy.
With a California Casualty water backup endorsement, you’ll have as much as $10,000 to clean up and repair damage (amount varies by state).
Review your policy and if you don’t have a water backup endorsement, or don’t know if you do, contact a California Casualty advisor today at 1.800.800.9410 option 3, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The rush is on to get everything ready as students head back to college. If yours are moving into a place of their own, don’t forget to purchase renters insurance to protect all the special items that make the new place their home away from home.
Here are some important reasons why renters insurance is a necessity for your college student(s):
1. College kids have more these days: books, bicycles, TVs, computers, tablets, gaming systems, smart phones, sound systems, clothes, bedding, furniture and kitchen items. Replacing those items if they were stolen, damaged or destroyed in a fire could add up to tens of thousands of dollars. Renters insurance also pays for temporary living expenses, like a hotel room, while their room or apartment is repaired.Renters insurance also pays for temporary living expenses, like a hotel room, while their room or apartment is repaired.
2. While most students who live in a dorm have personal property coverage under their parents’ homeowners insurance, once they move into a place of their own they usually need their own renters insurance policy.
3. A landlord’s insurance policy won’t cover your student’s belongings. The landlord’s insurance protects the building and only pays to fix walls, roofs, etc., not any of your kid’s contents.
4. Renters insurance provides liability coverage if someone gets hurt at your student’s apartment. It helps pay for medical expenses and other costs, like legal fees, if the injured person sues.
5. Renters insurance is a great value. On average, it costs between $10 and $20 a month, or about $200 a year. That’s less than most people spend each month for cell phones or the cable bill.
TAKEAWAY: Learn how renters insurance will cover your college student’s belongings by contacting one of our advisors at 1.800.800.9410, or visit https://secure.mycalcas.com/loverenters
Before you take to the open waters, take a moment to assess your insurance needs.
Many states do not require insurance for your boat, but most lenders and marinas do. A homeowners policy is not considered adequate for boat insurance. Homeowners insurance does not offer the coverages needed for the types of losses that occur with a boat, including salvage, wreck removal, or pollution liability. Another risk is that four-out-of-ten boaters don’t have insurance; you need to protect your family and water craft if one of them slams into you.
A boat insurance policy from California Casualty, or our partner insurer, can cover you for:
- Medical costs
- Damage to your vessel
- Wreckage removal
- Emergency towing
- Fuel spill liability
- Uninsured/underinsured boaters
TAKEAWAY: Let California Casualty help you stay afloat with the boat insurance you need. Policies vary, so it’s best to contact an advisor today at 1.877.652.2638 or email@example.com.
Read all the articles from the this edition of the Calcas Connection Newsletter:
Join Our Online Community
Get Your Ride Ready For Summer
Celebrating What You Do
A new driver in the household can really impact your auto insurance rates. Did you know that California Casualty has some of the best teen driver rates in the industry, without skimping on protection or cutting any corners?
Here are some other ways you can control your car insurance premiums with a teen driver:
- Take advantage of good student discounts
- Buy them a vehicle with a good safety rating
- Enroll them in a driver safety education course
- Try to limit the miles they drive
There’s no greater value than the peace of mind you get from knowing your family is properly protected, while saving money.
Contact our Service department to learn about good student discounts and some of the best teen driver insurance rates in the business at 1.800.800.9410 option 3, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read all the articles from this edition of the Calcas Connection Newsletter: