It’s never a bad time for a road trip!
If you are like the millions of American’s who are hitting the road this season to travel in a Recreational Vehicle (RV), follow these 3 key steps to keep you safe.
1. Before You Hit the Road in Your RV:
- Check the exterior for cracks and missing or damaged seals
- Inspect and test the battery
- Examine and pressurize the tires
- Replace filters and replenish brake, coolant, transmission, hydraulic and washer fluids
- Clean, inspect and refill LP gas lines and appliances
- Test carbon monoxide and smoke detectors
- Flush and fill the water system looking for leaks, clarity, and drinkability
- Check batteries and that all appliances are working
- Inspect sewer hoses and waste tank valves for cracks or sticking
When you are far from home it is also vital that you have the right equipment on hand that can get you out of any situation.
2. What To Pack in Your RV:
- Proper extension cord with the correct amps
- Surge protector for variable campground electrical systems
- Drinking water approved hose
- Matches or a lighter
- Portable chargers
- Food, water, and essential groceries
- Pressure regulator and water filter for variable campsite water pressures and contaminates
- A set of tools
- Extra clothing and blankets
- Laser temperature tester to detect overheated brakes, tires, and axles
- Emergency first aid kit
The last step in making sure you are all prepared before you travel is making sure you have RV Insurance.
3. The Proper Coverage for Your RV
California Casualty has been providing RV Insurance for over 40 years. Our RV Insurance program is designed to accommodate almost all recreational vehicles from pop-ups to coaches. We cover motor homes up to $120,000 in value and our partner market covers up to $500,000 in value.
- Total Loss Replacement
- Emergency Vacation Expense
- Disappearing Deductibles
- Full Timer’s Package
- Replacement Cost Personal Effects
- 24-Hour Roadside Assistance
- Windshield Coverage
- Free Pet Injury
If you would like to add RV coverage to your policy call our Sales Department at 1-844-854-7265. For more information on RV Insurance Coverage, please contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-704-8614 or visit www.calcas.com.
This article is furnished by California Casualty, providing auto and home insurance to educators, law enforcement officers, firefighters, and nurses. Get a quote at 1.866.704.8614 or www.calcas.com.