Back to school is here and that means so is bicycle season! We are about to see an influx of children riding their bikes to and from school, extracurricular activities, and the houses of all of their new friends. Before your child straps on their helmet and takes off down the sidewalk, give yourself peace of mind knowing they are safe by educating them on Bicycle Safety.
Key Bicycle Safety TIPS:
- Wear a helmet
- Avoid night riding
- No loose clothing
- Check your tires & brakes
- Don’t ride in bad weather
- Look at for cars
- Follow the rules of the road
- Always be on the look out for hazards
- NEVER drive distracted
Save our free Bicycle Safety printable below to give to your children or hang up next to their bike gear as a visual reminder that they can always refer back to.
This article is furnished by California Casualty, providing auto and home insurance to educators, law enforcement officers, firefighters and nurses. Get a quote at 1.866.704.8614 or www.calcas.com.
Latest posts by California Casualty (see all)
- California Casualty Congratulates Nebraska $7,500 School Lounge Makeover Winner - September 18, 2019
- Car Seats: Safety to Protect Your Precious Cargo - September 16, 2019
- Insurance Tips for Newlyweds - September 13, 2019