Have you lost the happy feeling that your job used to bring? Are you already annoyed by the thought of your job? Let’s find that joy and smile that you once had from being a nurse.
These 5 tips can make you feel more passionate about nursing:
1. Find a Support System. If you hate your job, most likely you will withdraw from the people that you work with. Research shows that your co-workers are the number one reason for loving your job. Find people that have similar interests and values as you. Don’t be afraid to make the first move of initiating a conversation. Smile. Offer help. Be a part of a community.
2. Let It Go. Being a nurse involves a ton of emotions. You, like a sponge, absorb some patient’s pain and that can take a toll. Learn that a patient’s struggle isn’t personal towards you and let that stress go. Focus on the best parts of the day, the good you’ve done for your patients.
3. Avoid Games. Don’t get sucked into office politics. It can be an easy trap to fall into but avoid at all costs. Take the different road and find a different joy in games on your phone or new hobbies.
4. Follow the Sunshine. Work can feel like a beat down after a while. So through the darkness, search for the sunshine. Find the joy in the office. Ask to help with a project or co-worker.
Finding joy in your job is a choice and takes practice. There will be hard days but look for the positive in each one. Remember the hobbies and happiness that is outside of work too.
5. Create a Bucket List – Nurse-Style. Focusing on the nursing goals you want to accomplish can serve as a source of inspiration. While you’re at it, why not make a list of the things you’ve already accomplished in your career – starting with making it through nursing school. Keep your lists with you and refer back to them when you feel the nursing blahs come on. You’ve done a lot and grown as a nurse, so give yourself a pat on the back. You deserve it.
What helps you get through the hard days? Share with us in the comments.
Latest posts by California Casualty (see all)
- 5 Foolproof Ways to Stick to your New Year’s Resolution - January 16, 2020
- Space Heater Safety Tips – Don’t Get Burned - January 13, 2020
- Everything You Need to Know About Team-Teaching - January 13, 2020