Life as a firefighter, police officer, or paramedic can be stressful and dangerous. Not to mention the long hours and hectic duties, so how do you have time to take care of yourself? Here are five easy ways to make time for self-care and focus on you.
- Get enough sleep. First responders are more likely to suffer from sleep disorders. So getting enough hours of sleep helps your body recover and keeps you mentally focused.
- Exercise regularly. Even though the job includes a lot of moving, lifting, and face paced action, try to set aside a regular time every day. Find a strength and cardio workout that works best for you.
- Drink plenty of water. Enough water intake isn’t only going to give you energy for the day, but help with your cognitive function.
- Keep a balanced diet. The key to staying healthy is keeping a balanced diet. Switch out processed foods for fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Stop smoking. Continued smoking takes a toll on your cardiovascular health, and it will keep you from performing at your best.
Start making a change to better your lifestyle, improve job performance, and most importantly your physical and mental health.
Latest posts by California Casualty (see all)
- 8 Ways to Prepare for Solar Eclipse - August 17, 2017
- Road Rage at Most High Risk in August - August 16, 2017
- 8 Simple Activities to Make Back to School Night Fun - August 15, 2017