Nurses face a highly demanding career with long hours and stressful situations. About 40% of nurses over the age of 30 experience burnout, anger, frustration and irritation from their job. And it’s even higher for nurses under the age of 30. Here are 3 easy ways to help control your stress when dealing with hectic shifts.
1. Stay organized. Take a few minutes before your shift to check over your work details for the day to help avoid distractions.
2. Work on clear communication skills. Good communication helps improve the care of patients and helps respond to the expectations of patients.
3. Change your perspective. If you’re having a bad day at work, step back and look at your day from a different angle. Being a nurse is a great career choice! It can be tempting to let bad feelings take over, but keeping focus on the positive can help you get through the day.
A nurse’s job can take a toll on your mind and body. With these easy stress reducing tips, you can help refocus on why you love being a nurse.
Latest posts by California Casualty (see all)
- A Day With Firefighters – Journey’s Experience - April 24, 2019
- National “Create Real Impact” Contest Rewards Teen Safe Driving Messages - April 16, 2019
- Should You Allow Social Media in the Classroom? - April 11, 2019