Emergencies happen daily, and firefighters are the heroes to come to the rescue. As technology is constantly changing, it’s important that firefighters stay updated on the newest vehicles that have lithium-ion batteries and alternative fuel.
Here are some suggested guidelines for firefighter safety:
• Wear full PPE and SCBA
• Identify the type of vehicle involved
• Stabilize vehicle
• Use large volume of water to cool the fire and battery
• If possible, follow the wrecker to the storage area and place the car away from other vehicles, buildings, or combustibles.
Firefighters are trying to keep pace with the changing components and features of these cars. With new technology developing daily, firefighters face a challenge with new cars.
Latest posts by California Casualty (see all)
- National “Create Real Impact” Contest Rewards Teen Safe Driving Messages - April 16, 2019
- Should You Allow Social Media in the Classroom? - April 11, 2019
- Standing Beside You To Support AndCelebrate All That You Do - April 8, 2019