Whether it was lifesaving medical treatment at an accident scene, search and rescue at a major disaster, transportation to the hospital during a heart attack or stroke, or specialized care for the nation’s first Ebola patient, millions owe their lives to EMS professionals.
California Casualty is joining millions of Americans in thanking those who work in emergency medical services during National EMS week, May 17-23 – set aside to recognize the safety, honor and the dedication of those who provide the day-to-day lifesaving services of medicine’s “front line.” The observance began in 1974 and has grown along with the profession.
You can help thank EMTs, paramedics and other first responders in a variety of ways:
- Order pizzas or prepare a meal for your local ambulance company or fire station
- Create goody bags with treats, discounts at local restaurants or movie tickets for EMS personnel
- Host a neighborhood celebration and invite EMS personnel to join the fun
- Learn CPR
- Help create an EMT or Paramedic of the Year Award for your community
- Join events that honor and remember fallen EMS workers
- Write thank you notes and take them to a fire station or local ambulance company
- Paint some thank you banners or posters and put them up along main streets or roads where EMS people will see them
The national organization for EMTs also urges emergency medical service practitioners to host open houses, teach CPR, give injury prevention tips and offer ride-alongs to help spread the word and create better awareness about the important work EMTs and paramedics perform for our communities.
California Casualty makes it easy to give a salute to EMS professionals with our Nominate A Hero program. Numerous EMTs and paramedics have received a $250 gift card and have been recognized on the Hall of Heroes page at www.nominatemyhero.com. Thank your EMS hero with a nomination for the monthly award.
California Casualty also thanks EMS personnel for their hard work with the chance to win a custom Harley-Davidson® Road King or $25,000 in our Work Hard/Play Hard contest. Details and entry forms can be found at http://go.calcas.com/harley.
Resources for this article: