Palmer, NE, December 12, 2019 – The staff at Palmer Public School in Nebraska will now have a quiet place to relax and recharge during the school day, thanks to a $7,500 School Lounge Makeover® from California Casualty. The new lounge was unveiled on Tuesday.
“We are very appreciative of California Casualty for providing this for us,” said Palmer Schools’ Superintendent, Dr. Joel Bohlken. “This will make a big difference because we really didn’t have a place for our staff to go for a moment to unwind and relax before heading back to the classroom,” he added.
Palmer English teacher and school librarian, Mary Gregoski, submitted the winning entry for the makeover. “This means we will now have a place of our own to get a short break before we return to the teaching environment. We are just so grateful that California Casualty thinks about educators,” she said.
The new staff lounge at Palmer School features a TV, two massage chairs, soothing “bubble water wall art,” coffee station, new tables, a refrigerator, and colorful paint and accessories. EON Office designers maximized the area for comfort.
The $7,500 School Lounge Makeover giveaway was created to provide educators a more conducive environment to take a break, share time, and revitalize during their long days at school. This is the 13th School Lounge Makeover provided by California Casualty since the program began in 2011.
“We’ve seen the dedication of administrators, teachers, and staff firsthand and we’re proud to show our appreciation,” added California Casualty Sr. Vice President, Mike McCormick.
California Casualty has other giving programs that benefit public schools and educators, including:
- “Keep On Course” safe driving campaign where educators who take a pledge to avoid distracted driving can register to win a new Jeep Compass, WinAJeepCompass.com/NEA.
- $2,500 Academic Award, providing money for educational materials and projects, EducatorsAcademicAward.com/NEA
- Thomas R. Brown Athletics Grants, providing $1,000 to $3,000 to middle school and high school sports and athletic programs in need, calcasathleticsgrant.com
- California Casualty Award for Teaching Excellence, in conjunction with the NEA Foundation, honoring exceptional instructors across the nation, neafoundation.org/for-educators/awards-for-teaching-excellence/california-casualty-awardees/
- $500 New Teacher Shopping Spree, WinWithCalCas.com
- $250 Music and Arts Grants, calcasmusicartsgrant.com
- $200 Help Your Classroom Grants to provide for classroom materials that benefit students, calcas.com/Help-Your-Classroom
Learn more about California Casualty and its giving programs at www.calcas.com/newsroom.
Founded in 1914, California Casualty provides auto and home insurance to educators, law enforcement officers, firefighters and nurses across the country. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, with service centers in Arizona, Colorado, and Kansas, California Casualty has been led by four generations of the Brown family. More information about California Casualty can be found at www.calcas.com
- Mark D. Pitchford, Has Been Elected Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer of California Casualty - July 22, 2022
- Lesson Planning – Classroom Transformations! - July 19, 2022
- Swimming Pools and Your Homeowner’s Insurance - July 15, 2022