New Year, new you. Right? That’s what everyone says. Statistics say that 80% of resolutions fail by February. Start 2019 with a new goal and achieve what you put your mind to. Here are some simple steps to keep from feeling overwhelmed and help you stick to your new year resolution.
- Keep it simple. If your plan is to lose weight, figure out how much you want to shred and then divide that into twelve months. This helps break down a long term goal to small accomplishable goals.
- Accountability. You are more likely to keep at your resolution if your goal is reinforced and encouraged by others. Rely on your support system for the hard days when you’re tempted to give up.
- Track Progress. Include an easy way to track your success to match your goal. A vision board or a journal are some great examples to use.
- Celebrate the wins. Make sure positive recognition is a part of the process. Praise can go a long way.
- Small stumbles will happen. It’s important to remember that bumps will come along the way. That doesn’t mean that you have failed. Write it down on your progress tracker and understand it as a learning lesson.
As we ring in the New Year, just remember that you can accomplish what you set your mind to and you have support along the way. Change takes time and patience. Don’t forget about your support system along the way.
Latest posts by California Casualty (see all)
- Giselle and Jayden Get Picked Up by the Police- Episode 1 - March 20, 2019
- Summer Skip – Money When You Need It the Most - March 13, 2019
- First Responders – Enter for Your Chance to Win a $7,500 Garage Makeover - March 5, 2019