What’s more rewarding than helping someone after their life has been turned upside down? At their very lowest point, you can make them whole again, or as close to whole as possible. That’s the life of working in insurance claims.
Following one of the worst fires to hit California, California Casualty claims specialists were a lifeline for many in the affected communities. They worked overtime to make sure the claims process was started, that insureds had a safe place to stay and the ability to pay for meals. California Casualty field claims adjusters met customers at coffee shops and evacuation centers to provide checks to get those who lost everything some temporary stability back into their family’s lives. They listened, offered hugs and even shared tears and laughter with policyholders.
“It was the most rewarding thing I have ever done,” said one. Another commented that working with people to bring them out of the worst moments of their lives was an amazing experience. “Just the act of listening and showing empathy made such a difference for them. In fact, I still have people who call me directly to say hi and some have become friends.”
If you desire something new: helping people and working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, then insurance claims just might be for you. Here are five clues you should contact California Casualty for one of our claims openings:
- You like to help others – you will be doing your very best each day to help people after a crash, fire or burglary (or any number of other unexpected calamities). California Casualty claims employees find ways to help those who have had a loss rather than trying to deny their claim.
- You seek a new challenge – you won’t be bored in the action packed world of claims. You will be balancing multiple projects and employing empathy and problem solving to begin making people’s lives whole again. We have a stated goal of doing what is right by our customers and we work very hard to maintain a 96 percent claims satisfaction rating.
- You respect American heroes – California Casualty is a policyholder owned company that serves a select group of people who make our communities better: educators, law enforcement officers, firefighters and nurses.
- You enjoy a great team environment – at California Casualty we value the hard work our employees do. We have developed a virtual claims environment where other employees can assist with difficult situations. You will find many of your colleagues have 20, 30, even 40 years with the company. You will be well trained and enjoy working in a family run company that treats employees like family. Many of our employees say they could never work anywhere else.
- You want to be a part of something different – California Casualty is a 100-year-old, family run company. We take our responsibility to our customers very seriously. So seriously, in fact, we developed a Code to govern our actions. Each day you walk through the doors at California Casualty, you’re helping protect hundreds of thousands of customers who make our communities better. We have a higher calling than many of the other companies you see on TV.
Do you have what it takes to serve those who serve our communities? Explore great claims career opportunities here.