Carbon monoxide (CO) in your home can be a quiet, deadly killer. You can’t see or smell it, but in high enough levels, it can kill someone in moments. CO is produced whenever any fuel is burned – oil, gas, wood, charcoal, etc…Typically, the amount released into your home environment from well-maintained and properly operating appliances, but still hundreds of people die every year from CO poisoning.

Symptoms of CO poisoning:

  • dizziness
  • confusion
  • nausea
  • fainting

If you suspect CO poisoning – get to fresh air, and get an emergency room quickly. Be sure to let the doctor know you suspect CO poisoning.

Prevention is the best way to avoid CO Poisoning

  • Have your fuel burning appliances checked regularly
  • Don’t idle your car in your garage
  • Choose appliances that vent outside whenever possible
  • Follow all instructions on your fuel burning appliances
  • Install CO detectors
  • Don’t ignore any symptoms, especially if multiple members of the household experience them
California Casualty
Latest posts by California Casualty (see all)
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest