On September 7, Equifax, a nationwide credit-reporting agency, reported that a giant cyber-security breach has compromised the personal data of up to 143 million Americans.
This information may include:
– Social Security Numbers
– Birth Dates
– Driver’s License Numbers
In addition, credit card numbers were compromised for about 209,000 customers. Overall, this is one of the largest data breaches ever, and many consumers financial information is at risk.
What should you do now?
- Visit https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com to determine if you may have been affected
- Keep a close watch on your credit report and credit card accounts
- Freeze your credit and set up fraud alerts
You can freeze your credit report and set up fraud alerts by calling the reporting agencies:
ALL California Casualty customers have ID Defense assistance available through CyberScout as part of their policy. Click this link to learn more.
Latest posts by California Casualty (see all)
- A Simple Check to Support California’s Peace Officers - March 17, 2019
- Winter Driving Safety - February 9, 2018
- California Casualty Gives Back - February 8, 2018