You’ve spent long hours preparing for your career in teaching. Research, studying, student teaching, creating lesson plans and interviewing can only prepare you for so much. Your biggest lessons will come from experience. We’ve gathered some tips to remember as you begin your teaching career.
Here is what you can expect to happen as a new teacher.
- Don’t wear your really cool clothes to school.
- Thinking that some or all of your students hate you.
- Watch others teach.
- You’re the adult in the room.
- Listen to advice and trust your gut.
- Expect to make mistakes.
- Empathize with your students
- Continue learning to better yourself
- Don’t let work overshadow your personal life.
- Always remember your motivation.
Being a new teacher will come with its ups and downs, but knowing that you are making a difference with your students is what makes up for it. You are going to do great.
Latest posts by California Casualty (see all)
- 5 Foolproof Ways to Stick to your New Year’s Resolution - January 8, 2019
- 10 Things You Need To Know As A New Teacher - January 7, 2019
- 6 Police Officer Resume Building Tips - January 4, 2019